High School Admittance Resources
All resources for High School admittance can be found at the GoCPS.
Greetings 8th grade Parents!
We have the timeline for the high school application process. Application results will be released on March 29, 2019. Emails will be sent by the Office of Access and Enrollment between March 25-28, 2019, to provide families with instructions on how to retrieve their results. The complete timeline of dates related to the process for ninth grade applicants is below:
First-round results released: March 29, 2019
Deadline to accept or decline first-round offers: April 12, 2019
First-round waitlist process opens: April 17, 2019
Second round application process opens: April 29, 2019
Second round application deadline: May 6, 2019
Second-round results released: May 31, 2019
Deadline to accept or decline second-round offers: June 7, 2019
Second-round waitlist process opens: June 12, 2019
Information will be sent regarding the second round application process at a later date. If you have any immediate questions regarding any part of this process, please reach out to Mr. Coleman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Martino (email@example.com).
We are beginning the last full week of school, so if you have not already subscribed to GoCPS to receive notices and reminders about the high school application process, make sure to visit go.cps.edu and subscribe to the site today!
Twitter #gocps #cpshighschools
Visit go.cps.edu and subscribe to receive CPS high school application announcements before the end of the school year. #gocps #cpshighschools
Over the years, we’ve heard from families about the importance of having a choice in selecting which high school provides the best match for their child’s needs. We’ve also heard that applying to high school can be frustrating and confusing. So this year, Chicago Public Schools has completely revamped its high school application process for students that will be freshman in the 2018-19 school year with the launch of GoCPS, a new website where students and families will be able to:
· Review school and program options in one place
· Rank these school and program choices based on their preferences
· Be matched with their highest possible choice for high school
The new application process will feature five key phases:
1. Subscribe (May – June 2018): Sign up to receive important updates and announcements
2. Research (June – July 2018): Conduct detailed research to find the best school for your child
3. Activate (August – September 2018): Create an account and access your student’s eligibility
4. Apply (October – December 2018): Complete applications with one system and one deadline
5. Match (January – June 2019): Get matched and receive high school offers