Are you ready to apply for a preschool program for your 3- or 4-year old? If your child is 3 or 4 years old prior to September 1, 2016, your child may be eligible for Peterson's preschool program. Click here to learn more about the application and enrollment process or call 312-229-1690. Then fill out an application online through your individual family portal today. Questions about programs for younger children (ages 0 - 3)? Please read this FAQ.
The application is still open for the 2016 – 2017 school year. The application for the 2017 – 2018 school year will open May 2017.
Kindergarten - 8th Grade Registration
Peterson Elementary is an open enrollment school and we accept students who live within our neighborhood attendance boundary. Available seats for students who live outside of the boundary are filled through the application and computerized lottery selection process.
There are no eligibility requirements for Peterson Elementary, with the exception of the age requirement to enter kindergarten (five years old, on or before September 1st) and first grade (six years old, on or before September 1st).
If you live in the neighborhood.
Come to Peterson with the following
- Child's birth certificate
- Parent's Illinois drivers license or Illinois State ID with a current address
- Two proofs of address (i.e. current utility bills, bank or credit card statement, etc.)
- Parents' contact information and emergency contact information for an additional trusted adult (21 years old or older)
- Medical, dental, or vision exam forms if they are complete (if not, they will be provided and can be turned in later).
If you do not live in the neighborhood.
- Step 1: Starting October 3rd, go to the online portal, apply.cps.edu, and click “Apply Online” under Step 1. This will allow you to open your account, create your password, and request your Personal Identification Number (PIN), which will be mailed to your home.
- Step 2: After you receive your PIN, and access the online portal, click the APPLY button for the magnet, magnet cluster and open enrollment schools to select the schools to which your child is applying. You can apply to up to 20 open enrollment, magnet, and/or magnet cluster schools, in any combination.
- Step 3: After you successfully submit your application, the online portal will show the word “Completed” under the status for applying. You will also receive an email confirmation. If the online portal shows “Not Completed,” you have not successfully submitted your application.